Sunday, July 28, 2013

So Long Chemo You're History

I’m done with chemo! Yes, it is official. And I’m done with the worst of the side effects I think. What a relief! Now I just have to be patient as I wait for my body to heal and slowly get back to normal. My legs are still sore and weak, and I get tired really easily but that is to be expected. I know not to expect too much until I get a month out from my last treatment. After all, I’m used to the symptoms for the first three weeks after a treatment, but at least this time I know that as I make positive strides I won’t have to watch them disappear with another treatment. Yeah!

I am thankful for so much even though chemo wasn’t much fun. I am thankful for the great support our family got from our church, family, and friends. All the meals that were brought, offers to help watch the boys, and encouraging cards, words and prayers have meant so much to me. I know that I could not have done this without all the help. Thank you so much!

I am also thankful that I still have all my nails, eye brows, and lashes. I also did not have any major complications from the chemo. I did not even get the cold my boys have had. I know that God has been protecting me from the worst possibilities as I go through this.  


So what is next? That is the question I get asked the most now. I meet with my oncologist and my radiation oncologist on August 8. On that day I expect to discuss what comes next. I know that I need to start taking a new drug because of the estrogen receptors of my cancer. I’m sure we will discuss this. I also know already that I need radiation. I will be meeting with that doctor to discuss when this will start. I’ll let you know more about this as I find it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment