Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Radiation starts next week

I have a start date for radiation. It is next Tuesday the 27th and I was able to get a morning time that will work with the school schedules. This is an answer to prayer, but it will also make our morning a little hectic as I will need to make sure all of us are fed and dressed and out the door by 8:00 sharp. I have been a little more run down this week, so I am hoping that by next week I will feel a little more energetic. I have been fighting a respiratory bug for a while now, and I think that the combination of it and the back-to-school craziness has made me more tired. Of course I’m still not back to 100% from chemo so that doesn’t help either.

Yes school has started! All the boys seem to be adjusting pretty well. My youngest is now in kindergarten and he has had a good first two days. It’s kind of sad to see the last going off to school, but at the same time I know that he is ready. I don’t know if it is just me or not, but I kind of dread the beginning of each year. Each of my boys has to quickly figure out what this new teacher expects and how she operates her class. I have to do it times three. For some kids this doesn’t bring a lot of stress, but for at least one of my boys it does. I know where he gets it from. I was the same way each year when I was in school. He loves school and will relax soon, but it is the unknown at the beginning. So I can’t wait to get these new school jitters out of the way. Once we know what to expect and get our routine down, things will go much more smoothly.


On a totally different note – I have peach fuzz on the top of my head. Not all over. Just the top section. It is very fine, soft, light-colored hair. It reminds me of the first hair that babies have. It will be five weeks tomorrow since my last chemo. I had heard it takes a while to start growing hair. I guess they were right. This peach fuzz is a start, but hopefully soon something more will start to grow. :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment